1) I went around 1/2 the North side of Oahu and decided I will never ever own a car with a keyless start. They don’t work well when they get wet.
2) I went around the other 1/2 of the North side of Oahu, and discovered there are some really cool places most visitors don’t know about and probably never will… and I’m not sayin’ what.
3) About day 7 of working vacation I start to really miss my stuff.
4) On day 8, I start contemplating how it would be possible to move.
5) On day 9, just before we’re actually leaving… I am really really having withdrawals, I need my torch and my stuff and some good doggy kisses. If I can’t stay, then I just want to be home, right now.
I went to the So Cal Flamesurfers meeting on Saturday after flying in from Hawaii and getting home about 10:30 on Friday evening. The greetings from dogs and kids combined with the two hour time difference kept me awake till nearly 1am. I was only about a half hour late to the meeting, not bad if I don’t say so my myself.
I got to see my friend Kati O’Meara and watched part of her demo in the mobile studio. Her and her beau have a mobile flameworking studio that deserves a blog post all it’s own. More about them another time 🙂
I also bought some Bullseye glass… rut roh… here’s my meager stash:
I think I may need more 🙂 I made some spacers and a couple of Flower Power beads for pendants… I can already tell that this itty bitty bit of glass won’t be enough.